Confession Executive Committee ~Love Series~ (告白実行委員会 ～恋愛シリーズ Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai ~Ren'ai Series), originally known as Sound of Confession (コクハクノオト Kokuhaku no Oto), is a franchise created by the independent group HoneyWorks. The series concerns itself about the romantic lives of three groups of friends in Sakuragaoka High School.
- Main Article: Songs
The series began in 2011 with the PV for Hatsukoi no Ehon, but it wasn't firmly established to be a shared universe of songs until Yakimochi no Kotae was released in 2013, and chronologically starts with Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu. Some of the songs used for the music videos were released as "N.Edits", shortened versions of the songs for that cut out the second verse and chorus, when it came to songs used in the animated adaptations; their complete versions made it onto singles and albums. In a few cases, PVs and the full tracks for certain songs would be included as tracks on different HoneyWorks CDs before their release on the internet. Currently, not accounting for uploads of songs with an alternate singer, there are 37 songs on the Niconico page for the series, with a few album exclusives and songs without PVs.
Most songs in the series are made with Vocaloids as the primary vocals, in particular Hatsune Miku and GUMI, though Kagamine Len, flower, and IA have been used for songs for the series at least once. The rest of the discography is sung by CHiCO, sana, and the various seiyuu of the characters.
Two character albums have been compiled for the series as of 2018, both of which use the seiyuu and singer version of the songs instead of the Vocaloid versions. The series also has a handful of singles released with the Vocaloid versions of certain songs.
- Main Article: Novels
Eight light novels expanding on the premises of the songs were released, starting in 2014, all under the Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu label. This light novel series is treated as the main body of work from which the adaptations take most of their plots from.
The animated features all have novelizations as well.
- Main Article: Anime
A movie series began running in 2016, animated by Qualia Animation, combining certain story arcs together and basing themselves on both the voiced comics and the light novels. The third installment, Itsu Datte Bokura no Koi wa 10 Centi Datta., ran as a six-episode mini-series in 2017, animated by Lay-Duce. The anime is officially licensed by Aniplex USA and distributed by Crunchyroll, dubbed the Confess Your Love Committee ~Romance Series~  in English.
- Main Article: Comics
Currently, there are 4 comics in the series, included as bonus material in the special editions of HoneyWorks' studio albums. These comics are referred to as "short story digital comics" or "prologues", despite covering the entire plot of the songs they explore. All of the bonus comics have voiced versions as well.
A comic also initially came before the project officially began, titled Confession Rehearsal ZERO, which tells a short story of the events before Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu. This, along with the first Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu novel and the PV for Kokuhaku Rival Sengen, were among the first three things announced for the Kokuhaku no Oto project.
- Confession Rehearsal Zero
- Confession Rehearsal
- Ima Suki ni Naru
Yamako also officially put out "HoneyCollections" during the Comiket season, which act as guidebooks to certain characters and events. Three volumes of the HoneyCollections series are available, expanding on Haruki/Miou (vol.1), Yu/Natsuki (vol.2), and Sota/Akari (vol. 3).
- Official Website (Japanese)
- Official Film Website (Japanese)
- Official Anime Website (English)
- Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita. Official Website
- Suki ni Naru Kono Shunkan Wo. Official Website
- Itsu Datte Bokura no Koi wa 10 Centi Datta. Official Website
- Before the novels established that the first six were in their third year of high school, everything that took place was said to happen in the kids' second year instead, as seen in Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu 0 and the Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu vomic. The initial profile images reflect that.
- The third years' classroom number, 3-2, was switched from the initial room number of 2-3.
- This franchise shares a universe with many of HoneyWorks' other continuities:
- The PV for "A Promise That Doesn't Need Words" features Haruki as a child playing with the PV's protagonists.
- The school featured in "The World is Falling in Love" and "Love Chord" also has students that appear in the background of this franchise. The girls Arisa knew in middle school shares the uniform.
- Yurufuwa Jikkou Iinkai has the cast appear occasionally. Saku Akechi's cousin San also appears as a character in that series.
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20131031160232/http://honeyworks.jp/special archived data of official website
- ↑ http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/05/20-1/crunchyroll-to-exclusively-stream-the-moment-you-fall-in-love-anime-film Crunchyroll announcement
- ↑ https://yamako15.booth.pm/?utm_source=pixiv&utm_medium=promotion&utm_content=work-logo&utm_campaign=pixiv-promotion